It has been already a few years ago that I have designed this pattern, but only today I have decided to translate it to English. It was already on my Dutch website haakinformatie.nl for several years. I will post all three cactus patterns this week. Starting with cactus 1 today. You can find the pattern of cactus 2 here and cactus 3 here.
- Crochet hook 3.5 mm
- Scheepjes Stonewashed (Yellow Jasper, Boulder Opal, Canada Jade)
- Sewing needle
- Pot with a diameter of 7 cm
- Stitch marker
- St – Stitch
- Ch – Chain
- Sc – Single Crochet
- Sl St – Slip Stitch
Crochet pattern Soil Cactus 1
In color Boulder Opal
- Round 1: Crochet 6 sc in a magic ring (6)
- Round 2: 2 sc in each st (12)
- Round 3: (1 sc, 2 sc in next st) repeat between ( and ) to end of round (18)
- Round 4: (2 sc, 2 sc in next st) repeat between ( and ) to end of round (24)
- Round 5: 1 sc, 2 sc in next st, (3sc, 2sc in next st) repeat between ( and ) to end of round. You will end this round with 2sc (30)
- Round 6: (4 sc, 2 sc in next st) repeat between ( and ) to end of round (36)
Crochet pattern Cactus 1
In color Canada Jade
- ch 18
- Round 1: Crochet 1 sc in the 2nd chain from hook. 16 sc. Turn your work.
- Rounds 2 to 33: ch 1, 17 sc in the back loops. Turn your work.
Leave a long thread for sewing. Now you have worked a long green piece with ribbing. You are going to sew the sides together first. Once you’ve done this, sew one side closed. You do this by sewing with some space between the stitches, alternately through the stitches and always tighten your work. You really don’t need to pick up a lot of stitches for this, because you have to be able to pull the work completely closed to get the round shape.
Crochet pattern flower
In color Yellow Jasper. But a bright pink color would look great as well.
- 5 sc in magic ring. Close the magic ring. Shape the flower to make the stitches come out nicely.
Stuff the cactus and sew it to the soil bottom. Cheer up your cactus with flowers.