Lemons are very trendy right now, everywhere you look in the stores there are lemons. Of course I can’t stay behind and need a lemon accessory as well ;-). So that’s when I decided to crochet a lemon keychain for my bike keys. A crochet keychain also has the great advantage that I can find it easily in my bag. The bright yellow color of this lemon also helps with that, of course.
You will find the free crochet pattern of this Lemon Keychain below.
- Sport weight cotton yarn in yellow and green
- crochet hook 2.5 mm
Crochet Stitches and abbreviations
- Magic ring | Tutorial
- ch – Chain | Tutorial
- sl st – Slip Stitch | Tutorial
- sc – Single Crochet (yarn under, yarn over) | Tutorial
- hdc – Half Double Crochet | Tutorial
- inc – Increase | Tutorial
- dec – Decrease | Tutorial
- Row 1: 4 sc in magic ring
- Row 2: *1 sc, 1 inc* repeat around (6)
- Row 3: 2 sc in each stitch (12)
- Row 4: *1 sc, 1 inc* repeat around (18)
- Row 5: 18 sc (18)
- Row 6: *2 sc, 1 inc * repeat around (24)
- Row 7 to 11: 24 sc (24)
- Row 12: *2 sc, 1 dec* repeat around (18)
- Row 13: 18 sc (18)
- Row 14: *1 sc, 1 dec* repeat around (12)
- stuff the lemon
- Row 15: 6x dec (6)
- Row 16: *1 sc, 1 dec* repeat around (4)
- Fasten off and close the remaining stitches
- Chain 8
- 1 sl st in 2nd ch.
- Work into the next chains: 1 sc, 3 hdc, 1 sc, 1 sl st, ch 2.
- 1 sl st into the first stitch on the other side of the leaf
- continue with: 1 sc, 3 hdc, 1 sc, 1 sl st
Fasten off and attach your leaf to the lemon. You can now attach your lemon to a key ring (used 2 small rings for this, see image) or a snap hook.
Have fun with your lemon keychain! If you share a photo on Instagram, I would love it if you tag me @free_crochet_patterns.
This pattern is intended for non-commercial purposes. The pattern may not be published elsewhere. A link to the pattern is, of course, allowed.