Free Crochet Pattern Lemon Keychain
Lemons are very trendy right now, everywhere you look in the stores there are lemons. Of course I can’t stay behind and need a lemon accessory as well ;-). So that’s when I decided to crochet a lemon keychain for my bike keys. A crochet keychain also has the great advantage that I can find it easily in my bag. The bright yellow color of this lemon also helps with that, of course.
- Translations: Nederlands
- Add pattern to your Ravelry queue: HERE
You will find the free crochet pattern of this Lemon Keychain below.
- Sport weight cotton yarn in yellow and green
- crochet hook 2.5 mm
Crochet Stitches and abbreviations
- Magic ring | Tutorial
- ch – Chain | Tutorial
- sl st – Slip Stitch | Tutorial
- sc – Single Crochet (yarn under, yarn over) | Tutorial
- hdc – Half Double Crochet | Tutorial
- inc – Increase | Tutorial
- dec – Decrease | Tutorial
- Row 1: 4 sc in magic ring
- Row 2: *1 sc, 1 inc* repeat around (6)
- Row 3: 2 sc in each stitch (12)
- Row 4: *1 sc, 1 inc* repeat around (18)
- Row 5: 18 sc (18)
- Row 6: *2 sc, 1 inc * repeat around (24)
- Row 7 to 11: 24 sc (24)
- Row 12: *2 sc, 1 dec* repeat around (18)
- Row 13: 18 sc (18)
- Row 14: *1 sc, 1 dec* repeat around (12)
- stuff the lemon
- Row 15: 6x dec (6)
- Row 16: *1 sc, 1 dec* repeat around (4)
- Fasten off and close the remaining stitches
- Chain 8
- 1 sl st in 2nd ch.
- Work into the next chains: 1 sc, 3 hdc, 1 sc, 1 sl st, ch 2.
- 1 sl st into the first stitch on the other side of the leaf
- continue with: 1 sc, 3 hdc, 1 sc, 1 sl st
Fasten off and attach your leaf to the lemon. You can now attach your lemon to a key ring (used 2 small rings for this, see image) or a snap hook.
Have fun with your lemon keychain! If you share a photo on Instagram, I would love it if you tag me @free_crochet_patterns.
This pattern is intended for non-commercial purposes. The pattern may not be published elsewhere. A link to the pattern is, of course, allowed.