My present to you for Valentine’s Day is the crochet pattern of this heart (because you are so sweet). You can crochet the picot heart for Valentine’s Day or, for example, as a decoration for a baby shower gift. Put the heart in a vase with a bunch of flowers, or in a planter. Fill the heart with lavender or regular stuffing.
You can find the Dutch version of this pattern HERE.
If you want a slightly less sweet look, the heart looks also very nice in blue with a ‘border’ of single crochet stitches (see photo below). The heart will be about 7 to 8 cm. You can crochet the heart using the video or the written pattern below. Have fun crocheting!
- Fine/sport weight yarn
- Crochet hook 2.0 mm
- Skewer (wood)
- White acrylic paint
Video tutorial Picot Heart
Crochet Pattern Picot Heart
You can keep track of the rows you have already completed by clicking on the checkboxes in front of the rows.
Turn after each row.
- Chain 2
- 1: 1 sc in 2nd chain, ch1 (1)
- 2: 2 sc in the stitch of the previous row, ch 1 (2)
- 3: 2 sc in each stitch, ch 1 (4)
- 4: 2 sc in first stitch, 2sc, 2 sc in last stitch, ch 1 (6)
- 5: 2 sc in first stitch, 4 sc, 2 sc in last stitch, ch 1 (8)
- 6: 2 sc in first stitch, 6 sc, 2 sc in last stitch, ch 1 (10)
- 7: 10 sc, ch 1 (10)
- 8: 2 sc in first stitch, 8 sc, 2 sc in last stitch, ch 1 (12)
- 9: 12 sc, ch 1 (12)
- 10: 2 sc in first stitch, 10 sc, 2 sc in last stitch, ch 1 (14)
- 11: 14 sc, ch 1 (14)
- 12: 14 sc, ch 1 (14)
- 13: 5 sc, sc2tog, ch 1 (6)
- 14: 6 sc, ch 1 (6)
- 15: sc2tog, 4 sc, ch 1 (5)
- 16: sc2tog, 1 sc, sc2tog, ch 1 (3)
- 17: sc2tog, 1 slip stitch.
Fasten off. Join yarn on row 13 in 8th stitch from the right (7th from the left).
- 18: sc2tog, 5 sc, ch 1 (6)
- 19: 6 sc, ch 1 (6)
- 20: 4 sc, sc2tog, ch 1 (5)
- 21: sc2tog, 1 sc, sc2tog, ch 1 (3)
- 22: sc2tog, 1 slip stitch, fasten off.
Repeat this part one more time.
You are now going to crochet the parts together with the picot edge. Place the 2 parts on top of each other. Fasten white yarn in the side of the heart.
You now work: 1 sc, 1 picot in every stitch around, except in the three stitches of the inner part of the heart. Only work 3 sc stitches in the center of the heart.
Of course, you can also choose to attach the parts of the heart together with only single crochet stitches.
I pinned my heart on a skewer. I painted the skewer white with 3 layers of acrylic paint. The ribbon bow is attached to the skewer with a drop of glue.
This pattern is intended for non-commercial purposes. The pattern may not be published elsewhere. A link to the pattern is, of course, allowed.