Today I’m sharing the pattern of my new Puff Stitch Coasters with you. I needed new coasters for the garden table, but I didn’t want thin coasters. My table needs to be well protected from the heat and I don’t want them flying around when the wind picks up. That’s why I chose a thick stitch, the puff stitch.
- Puff Stitch <— click for tutorial
- Slip Stitch
- Yarn: Katia Capri (100% cotton) or other Sports/Fine yarn (50 gr = 6 coasters)
- Crochet Hook: 3.0 mm
- Sewing Needle
Do you think gray is boring? Here is an image with different colors, so you can see the difference:
Pattern Puff Stitch Coasters
Start with a magic ring
- Row 1: To make the first puff stitch I pull up my loop a little further instead of using starting chains. 6x puff stitch. Slip stitch on top of first puff stitch.
- Row 2: First slip stitch between next 2 puff stitches. *Make 2 puff stitches between the stitches of the previous row.* Repeat this between each puff stitch. Slip stitch. (12x puff stitch)
- Row 3: Slip Stitch in space between next puff stitches. *1 puff stitch, 2 puff stitches in next space* repeat. Slip Stitch (18x puff stitch).
- Row 4: Slip stitch in space between next puff stitches *2 puff stitch, 2 puff stitches in next space* repeat. Slip Stitch. (24x puff stitch)
- Row 5: Slip stitch in space between next puff stitches *3 puff stitch, 2 puff stitches in next space* repeat. Tie off. (30x puff stitch)
Now that you’ve finished your coaster, you’ve earned a good cup of coffee.
This pattern is intended for non-commercial purposes. The pattern may not be published elsewhere. A link to the pattern is, of course, allowed.