Free Crochet Pattern Spring Egg Cozy
Today I am posting a pattern that I have designed myself. You can crochet these egg cozy’s in a color to your liking. I have chosen some happy spring colors for my own egg cozies.
- Stitch Marker
- Crochet hook 2,5 mm
- Sports/fine cotton yarn (I used Schachenmayr Original Catania)
Abbreviations and stitches
- Magic ring
- Chain (ch)
- Single Crochet (sc)
- Puff stitch (puff) (you can find a good tutorial here)
Crochet pattern top egg cozy
- Round 1: 6 sc in magic ring
- Round 2: 2 sc in each stitch (12)
- Round 3: 1 sc, 2 sc in next stitch, repeat (18)
- Round 4: 2 sc, 2 sc in next stitch, repeat (24)
- Round 5: 1 sc, 2 sc in next stitch, (3 sc, 2 sc in next stitch) repeat between ( ). Finish this round with 2 sc in the last 2 stitches (30)
- Round 6: 30 sc in back loops (30)
- Round 7 and 8: 30 sc (30)
- Round 9: 4sc, 2sc in next stitch, repeat (36)
- Round 10 and 11: 36 sc (36)
- Round 12: Puff, skip 1 stitch, repeat. Fasten off.
Crochet pattern bottom egg cozy
In round 6 of the top side of the egg cozy you have crocheted in the back loops. You will continue crocheting the bottom part in these back loops, so that will be round one. Keep the top of the egg cozy towards you as you attach your yarn.
- Round 1: 4 sc, 2 sc in next stitch, repeat (36)
- Round 2: 5 sc, 2 sc in next stitch, repeat (42)
- Round 3: chain 3, skip one stitch, 1 sc, repeat
- Round 4: Crochet in the chainspaces 1 sc, chain 3, 2 sc, repeat. Fasten off.
This pattern is for non-commercial purposes only. The pattern may not be published elsewhere. A link to the pattern is of course allowed.