Yeah! I have finished the pattern of this waffle stitch bath mitt today and I am happy to share it with you. You can make a great bath gift set with the bath mitt and for example some soap and shampoo. But you can also crochet it just for yourself (because you deserve it :-)). I think you will enjoy this sturdy bath mitt for many years.
Translation: Nederlands, klik HIER.
Add the pattern to your Ravelry queue HERE.
A short explanation beforehand. We start by crocheting a long piece in the waffle stitch, which you will fold in half. The sides of the mitt are closed with single crochet stitches. Then you’ll create the loop and the ribbed edge. To crochet the waffle stitch, chain a multiple of 3 + 2.
- Chain (ch) | tutorial
- Slip Stitch (sl st) | tutorial
- Single Crochet (sc) | tutorial
- Half Double Crochet (hdc) | tutorial
- Double Crochet (dc) | tutorial
- Front Post Double Crochet (fpdc) | tutorial
- Back Post Double Crochet (bpdc) | tutorial
- Approximately 70 gr of Scheepjes Catona (snow white) or (silver blue)
- Crochet hook 3.0 mm
- Yarn Needle
The size of my bath mitt is 16 x 19 cm. The gauge for waffle stitch:
- 24 stitches = 10 cm
- 14 rows = 10 cm
Video tutorial Waffle Stitch
Crochet Pattern Waffle Stitch Bath Mitt
The 2 chain stitches at the beginning of a row count as a stitch.
- For the foundation chain; ch 36 + 2 (38)
- Row 1: It is important that you work the double crochets in the loop at the back of the chain. If you don’t know how to do this, check out the video above. 1 dc in 4th chain from the hook. 1 dc in each of the next chains. Turn.
- Row 2: Ch 2, *1 fpdc in next stitch, 2 dc* repeat between * and * until the last 2 stitches. 1 fpdc in next stitch. 1 dc in last stitch (on top of the chains from the previous row). Turn.
- Row 3: ch 2, *1 dc in next stitch, 2 fpdc* repeat between * and * until the last 2 stitches. 1 dc in next stitch, 1 dc on top of the chains from the previous row. Turn.
- Row 4 to 44: Repeat row 2 and 3.
- Make sure you will end with a complete waffle square. Do not fasten off.
The sides of the mitt
- Side 1: Fold the bath mitt in half with the good side facing you. You are now going to close one side of the mitt. Work 2 sc around the stitch on the side of each row (44 total). When you’ve reached the fold, fasten off.
- Side 2: Attach the yarn on the other side at the fold. Again, work 2c around the side stitch of each row.
- ch 10. 1 sl st in right side of the first ch.
- Turn and work 15 sc around the chains.
- Work 1 sl st in the last sc from the side. Do not fasten off.
From now on, you will work in rounds to make the ribbed edge.
- Round 1: ch 2, 1 bpdc (uitleg) in each stitch around. Finish with a sl st in the first bpdc.
- Round 2 and 3: repeat row 1.
- Round 4: ch 2, hdc around. Finish with a sl st in first hdc. Fasten off.
This pattern is intended for non-commercial purposes. The pattern may not be published elsewhere. A link to the pattern is, of course, allowed.