This stitch gives a nice texture. You can also create a nice ribbing by alternating the Front Post Double crochet and the Back Post Double Crochet.
The back post double crochet is slightly different from the usual double crochet. You won’t work in the top of the stitch from the previous row, but around the ‘post’ of that stitch.
The abbreviation for the Back Post Double crochet is bpdc.
You will find the video and photo tutorial of the Back Post Double Crochet below.
Video tutorial Back Post Double Crochet
Photo tutorial Back Post Double Crochet
1. The Back Post Double Crochet is slightly less high than a normal double crochet. That is why you will start a new row with 2 chains. Yarn over.
2. You will be working around the post/body of the stitch. Insert your hook in the back side, go over the post and back.
3. Now yarn over and pull the yarn through the stitch. You will have 3 loops on your hook now.
4. Yarn over again and pull the yarn through 2 loops.
5. Yarn over and pull the yarn through both remaining loops.
6. Your first Back Post Double Crochet is finished!
Do you want to learn more crochet stitches? Check out THIS page.