This stitch is called the popcorn stitch for a reason. It really pops out on the front of your work.
There are quite a few crochet patterns that incorporate this stitch. Sometimes the popcorn is crocheted in a contrasting color, which makes it stand out even more.
Be sure to check the pattern on how many double crochet stitches you will have to crochet for the popcorn. The abbreviation of the popcorn stitch is: pop or pc
You can find the video and photo tutorial of the popcorn stitch below:
Video Tutorial | How to crochet: Popcorn Stitch
Photo Tutorial | How to crochet: Popcorn Stitch
1. Work 4 (or 5 depending on the pattern) double crochet stitches into 1 stitch.
2. After the last stitch, you will pull up the loop a little and remove your hook from the stitch.
3. Insert your crochet hook into the top of the first double crochet stitch.
4. Insert your hook back into the loop.
5. Pull the loop through the stitch. There is your popcorn!
Want to learn more crochet stitches? Check out my other stitch tutorials here.