How to crochet: The Puff Stitch
The puff stitch
The puff stitch creates a bobble stitch, which gives your crochet work a nice puffy structure. I will explain to you step by step how to crochet a puff stitch. Make sure to check the pattern for instructions on how many loops you have to make. This can vary per pattern.
If the puff stitch is the first stitch in a row, I prefer to pull the loop up to the height of about a double crochet instead of making starting chains.
- 1. Yarn over
- 2 – Insert your hook in the indicated stitch, yarn over and pull the loop up at about the height of the image above. (3 loops on your crochet needle)
- 3 – Yarn over
- 4 – Insert your needle in the same stitch. Pull the loop up to the same height. (5 loops on your needle)
- 5 – Insert your needle in the same stitch. Pull the loop through to the same height. (7 loops on your needle)
- 6 – Yarn over and pull through all 7 loops on your needle.
- 7 – Secure the stitch with a slip stitch. Your puff stitch is finished!