Because I hardly pay with cash anymore, I nowadays use a very small wallet that fits my cards and some bills. But I sometimes miss out on having a few coins at hand. That’s why I crocheted this mini coin pouch. Approximately 3 coins fit in de coin pouch. This is ideal for a tip in a restaurant or for the toilet lady ;-). I have written down the pattern below for you.
- Crochet Hook 2,5 mm
- Yarn Needle
- Cotton yarn (suitable for crochet hook 2,5 mm) (I used Catania)
- Button and yarn to attach the button
- Key ring
- Stich Marker
- Single Crochet (sc)
- Slip Stitch (sl st)
Pattern Mini Coin Pouch
- Chain 10 (last chain is turning chain)
- Row 1: Skip first chain, 8 sc. 2 sc in last stitch. Now you will continue crocheting on the other side, 8 sc, 2 sc in last stitch. (20 sc)
- Row 2 to 10: 20 sc
- Row 11: 12 sc, turn (we’re going to make the cover now)
- Row 12: Chain 1, 12 sc, turn
- Row 13: Chain 1, decrease 1 sc, 8 sc, decrease 1 sc, turn
- Row 14: Chain 1, decrease 1 sc, 6 sc, decrease 1 sc, turn
- Row 15: Chain 1, decrease 1 sc, 4 sc, decrease 1 sc, turn
- Row 16: Chain 1, decrease 1 sc, 2 sc, decrease 1 sc, turn
- Row 17: Chain 1, decrease 1 sc, decrease 1 sc, turn
- Row 18: Now you will crochet the loop that will go around the button. Make sure you crochet enough chains to fit around the button. Slip stitch in next stitch. Fasten off
For the loop around the key chain, I have crocheted 20 chains. Then I used a needle to attach the chain to the pouch.
Have fun crocheting!